M&A as a Service
Berenson’s M&A as a Service provides sponsors and their portfolio companies with deal sourcing, pipeline management and transaction execution capabilities.
Solutions for Sponsors and Portfolio Companies
- Leverage a high-quality, experienced team to drive day-to-day execution of portfolio companies’ add-on M&A
- Allows investment teams to focus their efforts on sourcing new platforms and adding value to portfolio companies
- Work with a trusted partner on deal execution and communication with key stakeholders
- Allows management teams to remain focused on their core business and extend their M&A execution bandwidth
Capabilities and Responsibilities
- Utilize Berenson’s deal sourcing capabilities to supplement a portfolio company’s and its stakeholders’ efforts, both when engaging with middle market intermediaries and conducting direct outreach to M&A targets
- Implement, maintain and coordinate a “Deal CRM” for a portfolio company
- Lead regular pipeline calls with management and/or sponsors with M&A dashboards
- Perform various analyses to assess the financial merits of a potential transaction from an operational, capital structure and valuation perspective
Valuation & Structuring
- Assist in determining and negotiating valuation and structure
- Work with corporate finance teams and sponsor capital markets teams to evaluate and optimize capital structure
- Manage logistics of M&A processes including negotiation, due diligence and documentation
- Manage communications with targets and sell-side advisors
- Schedule, monitor and track management meetings and information flow for both internal and third-party diligence streams (accounting, tax, legal, technology, expert calls)
- Work closely with management team to craft investment memoranda / Board presentations
- Help coordinate information flow between core deal team and other key functional groups within portfolio company
Berenson Advises Leading Financial Sponsors:
Kpler, a portfolio company of Insight Partners and Five Arrows Capital Partners, has acquired MarineTraffic.
Kpler, a portfolio company of Insight Partners and Five Arrows Capital Partners, has acquired FleetMon.